MEV – Mothers en Vogue works with NATURAL FIBRES and increasingly, environmentally friendly alternatives that are grown without harmful chemicals.
- Cotton a natural fibre of vegetable origin is especially recommended for nursing wear due to its softness, breathability and excellent absorbing capabilities.
- Modal made of cellulose from beech trees, it is very soft, drapes beautifully and absorbs water well. This sturdy bio-based fibre does not fade or pill easily too.
- Linen A natural textile made from the fibres of the flax plant and is exceptionally cool to wear, especially in warm weather.
- Silk is a natural protein fibre; silkas absorbency makes it comfortable to wear in warm weather and while active. Its low conductivity keeps warm air close to the skin during cold weather.
- Organic Cotton a grown without the use of harmful pesticides and chemicals that can contaminate the environment, this earth-friendly fabric not only feels good, it feels right too. Organic cotton yarns that are used in the manufacture of MEV clothing are certified according to Standard OE100 of the Textile Exchange.
- Bamboo Rayon a made from the pulp of bamboo grass, which is earthas fastest growing plant, and is also a sustainable source of fibre. Its environmental benefits arise largely out of its ability to grow and spread quickly without the use of fertilizers and caustic pesticides that can contaminate and damage the environment. Bamboo rayon is a soft, breathable, super absorbent and lustrous fabric that is lightweight and has a cooling effect on the skin.